Party Wall Services

The Party Wall Etc Act 1996

We are qualified and experienced party wall surveyors covering the Peterborough, Cambridgeshire area from our Huntingdon office and Manchester, Lancashire from our Nelson Office.

We are members of FPWS, and carry out surveyors in connection with The Party Wall Etc Act 1996. This involves acting impartially for either and/or both Building (property) Owner and Adjoining (neighbouring) Owner.

If you are the owner/adjoining owner of a property under development or renovation along the boundary line or within 3 to 6 metres (including foundations) of an adjoining owner (neighbour) you may need a Party Wall Award in place before any work commences. A Party Wall Award is a legal document. Plans and area of a build/renovation needs to be inspected to ensure that the condition of the adjoining wall/ party fence is not compromised in any way; this type of work comes under the Party Wall Etc Act 1996.

We are experienced in this type of survey and offer our advice and experience to you if you are undergoing any type of new build or renovation, which encompasses a neighbouring property.

Notes about the PD Building Consultancy  Party Wall services;

  • Any size or UK location of property is covered.
  • NOTE; You do not need to appoint an “adjoining owners surveyor” until such time as you receive the party wall notice from the building owner (the person having the work carried out) If you are unsure call us.

If you think you need the services of a Party Wall Surveyor, please fill in the PD Building Consultancy contact form or call us for a free initial consultation by phone on 01487 773771.

For more information see our article about how the Party Wall Act affects building work.

Boundary Disputes

We can also act in the case of Boundary Disputes please see our boundary disputes services page.